About Vulcan Vulcan, a hoister company, is a manufacturer of lifting tools in operation since 1947. Vulcan, a privately owned company based in Montreal, is the only Canadian manufacturer of hoists, trolleys and electric winches. It offers robust, reliable and custom built products to meet the needs of its customers. Since 1973, Vulcan has also been distributing a full range of hoists, ratchets, clamps, grapples and other lifting-related products. In addition to the sale, the company offers rental, repair and certification services through local and qualified staff as well as a complete inventory.
Small and medium-sized businesses are growing rapidly. The company is looking for a committed and motivated candidate who wants to invest for the long term and who shares its culture and entrepreneurial values. Vulcan provides a team environment where members share the same goals and encourage innovation. It provides a workplace that values each person's contribution to their success.
Reporting to the President and Member of the Executive Committee , the controller is both responsible for finance and corporate administration, procurement, as well as high-level supervision of operations.
From a strategic point of view its role is to shape the financial and operational future of the company. In particular, he is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all activities related to the financial aspect of the business to ensure its financial health and growth.
Brief Description (continued)
He is also involved in sales by providing administrative support to ensure better price control. and costs. He also has a mandate to improve internal processes and participate in the implementation of the required IT tools for the sound management of the company.
Full member of the management committee, he also contributes developing the strategic plan and business plan, playing a key role in their implementation and internal monitoring.
- Control the overall management of financial activities by taking part in determining directions, objectives and priorities according to the business plan;
- Overseeing the work Accounting, set accounting reporting standards and practices, and prepare monthly and annual financial statements;
- Maintain and develop performance metrics on key business elements, including reports of sales and margins and take act if necessary to improve efficiency;
- Analyze management reports and provide recommendations and action plans to optimize financial and operational performance;
- Perform account analyzes for the preparation of financial statements monthly,
- Produce financial statements and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reports
- Prepare files for annual financial audit;
- To oversee the preparation and follow-up of annual budgets;
- To ensure the implementation and compliance of various government declarations and to ensure the submission of reports togovernment authorities;
- Prepare strategy and report to government authorities on research and development credits;
- Manage cash and make required transfers where applicable;
- Assume inventory management by cyclical count, verify that the inventory is correctly completed, that stock assessment methods are appropriate and reflect the actual quantities available;
- Update BILL OF MATERIAL and inventory adjustments and ensure that it is entered in the company's accounting system in a timely manner;
- Oversee requests and make purchases of raw materials, components or finished products, office equipment and computers (products and services), etc.
- Manage building, including crew management critical infrastructure and infrastructure, as well as maintenance and repair work on the building;
- Manage human resources, hiring and evaluating employees. Be responsible for both pay, health and safety and working relationships;
- Ensure a harmonious work environment and contribute with all staff to maintain Providing very high quality customer service.
li> Monitor and control manufacturing costs, analyze margins and recommend actions to ensure cost efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Hold an accounting title (an asset).
Experience / knowledge
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a financial management position, including a minimum of three (3) years in personnel supervision;
- Experience in manufacturing is an asset;
- Experience required in an SME context;
- Strong technical knowledge in finance and accounting;
- Good knowledge of computer systems, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel), and computer software able;
- Bilingual oral and written: French and English.
- Leadership and business acumen;
- Sense of initiative, self-reliant while demonstrating team spirit;
- Spirit of innovation;
- Decision-making ability and keen judgment;
- Entrepreneurial temperament, strong propensity for action;
- Sense of planning, organization and control;
- Humility and ability to work in a hands-on environment;
- Excellent sense of priorities and organization;
- Customer focus
- Ability to analyze and great attention to detail;
- Sense of rigor and ethics;
- Great sense of responsibility, proactive, trustworthy, likes to own projects and results person;
- Nobody at ease in an entrepreneurial and evolving environment;
- Sense of Rigor.
Why Join Vulcan
- Agile organization and Flexible job growth.
- Position with responsibilities beyond the scope of accounting and represents a potential to develop business acumen.
- Stimulating environment.
- Company leader in its market.
Resource person at Raymond Chabot Human Resources Inc.
Lyne Barbeau Director , Executive Recruitment 514 393-4701