Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Do you want to join a multinational company to bring your know-how and skills to it?
Would you like to transfer your knowledge? Cascades is ready to welcome you!
Working at Cascades is also:
- Dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth;
- Mentoring with experienced professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a major Canadian multinational company;
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of attractive benefits;
- A workplace of the future where a greener world is built.
As a controller you will have to;
- Prepare and execute month-end and quarter-end processes;
- Actively participate in the preparation and analysis of financial results and balance sheets;
- Prepare financial statements;
- Contribute to the preparation of the budget and forecasts and ensure their follow-up;
- Ensure the reliability and completeness of the financial information produced;
- Monitor and share best practices in your specialty within the organization;
- Contribute, as a finance expert, to the business development of his unit and ensure its coordination in accordance with the group's strategic plan;
- Establish and interpret the relationships between financial results and operational performance to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Ensure the analysis of operational and financial performance indicators in order to contribute to the decision-making of its unit;
- Maximize the use of working capital in your unit;
- Support the management of his unit in the application and monitoring of business processes (including the budget process, analysis and dissemination of internal and external financial information);
- Implement the best financial, sales, administrative and accounting management practices applicable to his unit;
- Plan and orchestrate the implementation of the reengineering of the group's business processes in its unit
Core competencies defined for this job
Bachelor's degree en Accounting ou Finance
- Experience in industrial / manufacturing environment
- 5 years of experience in management accounting
- Hold the accounting title of the CPA order
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be dynamic, resourceful, have good judgment, initiative and innovation skills
- Have decision-making skills
- Action- and results-oriented and good at interpersonal communication
- Be able to establish priorities to complete the various files under his responsibility
- Knowledge of the SAP system would be an asset
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.