About Canest Transit
DG Canest-Transit is a young and growing company and a leader in the transportation and logistics industry.
DG Canest Transit has been operating at the Port of Montreal for over 6 years loading grain containers for Canadian exporters. Its imposing grain terminal on Notre-Dame Street is known to Montrealers with its visible signage within a 15 KM radius. Canest satisfies its customers and partners with its efficiency and flexibility. We are very proud to contribute with responsible people to the success of the organization and the individuals. The work environment is always challenging. Together, we go further!
CanEst Transit Inc. is a company specializing in the cleaning and containerization of agricultural products.
Strategically located in the Port of Montreal, next to the container terminals, CanEst Transit receives grain by rail and truck. It offers different services such as product cleaning, sifting, packaging, and containerization, as well as handling of bulk grain and by-products.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Controller will be a key member of the management team. The role will also include optimizing the overall finance function. We are looking for someone with analytical, leadership, and management skills.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise a team dedicated to accounting, payroll, research fund management and work closely with the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis;
- Oversee budget monitoring and propose corrective actions;
- Manage the process and activities of the external auditors and the preparation of year-end audit files;
- Manage grant programs
- Plan, direct and coordinate all operational functions under his/her responsibility;
- Identify opportunities to optimize financial processes by identifying and developing administrative and financial policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- Work in conjunction with managers and act in an advisory capacity;
- Support the development of management reports and performance indicators to enable management to make informed decisions.
- Hire, train and retain qualified accounting personnel
- University degree in a related field
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a controller role
- Experience in a small to medium sized business (SME)
- Experience in team management and project management
- Strong communication, technology, analytical, and management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of accounting software (Sage 50, an asset)
- Bilingualism, both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously,
- Work independently
- Adapt to changing deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion
Among the challenges of the position
- Growth company with a recent acquisition
- Expansion and acquisition program
- Multi-division management (3 independent entities)
- Optimization of operating structures
Why join Canest Transit
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Young and dynamic team
- Stimulating work environment
- Company proud to contribute with responsible people to the success of the organization and individuals
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and visit our Website
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a recruitment firm of middle and senior executives also offering support in the recruitment of members of the board of directors or advisory committee. We operate in different business sectors.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice against the feminine form.