(Work place: Longueuil)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07The incumbent supports managers in applying and carrying out internal control, risk and compliance activities related to savings and investments for the caisse.
- Monitor changes to the internal control system. Ensure the implementation and quality execution of all supervisory controls. Carry out certain supervisory controls. Serve as an interface between the caisse and the relevant Desjardins components.
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Act as Compliance Supervisor (CS) for the distribution of investment products.
- Oversee activities associated with operational risk, including risk and control self-assessment, the input of operational losses, the business continuity plan and information security.
- Support managers in identifying and implementing corrective measures.
- Ensure the implementation of activities related to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA).
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Understanding of the evolving issues and practices of the personal financial services industry
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of compliance with An Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of administrative processes related to controls implemented
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Complexity, Customer Focus, Decision quality, Innovation
2401, Rolland Therrien Longueuil
Risk management (FG)