(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a Control, Risk and Compliance Consultant Analyst, you support managers in applying and carrying out internal control, risk and compliance activities related to savings and investments for the caisse.
Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies is located in Montreal and serves approximately 11,000 members. It stands out for its consistent growth and has more than $630 million in business volume. The Caisse is proud to be a key financial partner in the community, serving a mature and multicultural market with strong business potential. The Caisse offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, and has 29 employees working in 2 service centres.
- Monitor changes to the internal control system. Ensure the implementation and quality execution of all supervisory controls. Carry out certain supervisory controls. Serve as an interface between the caisse and the relevant Desjardins components.
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Act, where applicable, as a compliance officer (CS) for the distribution of investment products, provided regulatory requirements are met.
- Oversee activities associated with operational risk, including risk and control self-assessment, the input of operational losses, the business continuity plan and information security.
- Support managers in identifying and implementing corrective measures.
- Ensure the implementation of activities related to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA).
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services.
Other working conditions
- This position will be shared with the Caisse populaire Desjardins Ukrainienne of Montreal.
- Workplaces : 8300, Maurice-Duplessis, Montreal AND 3250, Beaubien Est Street, Montreal
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative licence
- Have successfully completed or be in the process of successfully completing one of the compulsory courses required to obtain the title of Compliance Manager (an asset)
- Understanding of the evolving issues and practices of the personal financial services industry
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of compliance with An Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of administrative processes related to controls implemented
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns
Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies
Risk management (FG)