About our client
Our client, a large international company with offices in Downtown Montreal, is looking for a Claims Director who will join his team of professionals and contribute to ongoing projects.
- Role located locally with little or no for travel outside Montreal
- Offices located in Downtown
- Possibility of partial teleworking
The strategic role: Complaints Director
Reporting to the Division Director, he is responsible for all the activities of the Complaints team, including the definition of strategic planning, supervision of related activities technical and contractual analyzes, budget management and financial results, all in collaboration with the members of the Steering Committee.
As part of this key strategic role, the Claims Director will be called upon to :
- Manage the claims team, including Design / Construction and Insurance Defects
- Prepare and prioritize claims and develop strategic approaches in collaboration with the legal team and experts independent in order to minimize costs and facilitate resolution.
- Work collaboratively with operations to identify potential claims to be made in order to provide our contractual services.
- Analyze point technically and financially the potential complaints and determine the appropriate strategy.
- Ensure the control of invoicing of costs related to complaints from various departments.
- Lead discussions with the manufacturers and with the managing entity
- Coordinate the complaints process and be involved in negotiations / arbitration / litigation meetings.
- Respect our budget commitment.
- Perform other related tasks according to needs.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Engineering, Law or other relevant degrees
- 10-15 years of experience in claims management, contract management or financial control
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience in a hospital environment (an asset)
- Bilingualism (spoken and written)
- Computer skills, in particular excellent command of the suite Microsoft and the Google suite
- Ability to understand technical and legal analyzes and to judge their value
- Ability to manage costs
- Ability to define and conduct negotiation strategies
- Ability to promote collaborative work with all parties stakeholders
- Ability to drive change while maintaining operational efficiency
- Communication skills exception nelles
- Coaching and staff development skills
- Ability to inspire a common vision
- Results oriented
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and visit our site
Only people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential. We support all of our clients and candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used forlighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.