Our client, a large manufacturing company, is looking for a Chief Accountant to actively contribute to the success of the business and collaborate with a team of professionals who are ready to make their mark and innovate.
ROLE: Chief Accountant
The Chief Accountant will manage a team of 8 people involved in the financial accounting of business entities and the company's head office.
More specifically, the accountant will be called to:
- Ensure service efficiency and focus on the team by aligning with the objectives of the Corporate Finance Team
- Monitor the rigorous application of policies and procedures in accordance with service agreements - service agreements must be reviewed and updated
- Put in place adequate internal controls for the General Ledger Department, in collaboration with other team leaders
- Participate in updating key procedures and controls for NI 52-109
- Review various analyzes produced by the General Ledger team monthly and quarterly;
- Review the analyzes produced in the team to make them value-added;
- Make sure that all the analyzes required by a high quality standard;
- Provide assistance required by internal and external audit
- Ensuring the integrity of financial data under its governance.
- Collaborate on the development of new tools
- Revisiting ways to be a value-added business partner
- Participate in different projects according to the needs of the finance team
- Ensure optimal management of the work team
- Adopt, facilitate and direct change
- Mobilize resources towards common goals by setting expectations and clear goals, act as a model (leader) in conveying corporate values
- Provide unparalleled service to internal and external customers
- Provide accounting expertise to internal collaborators and business entities
- Establish individual work and development goals
- Communicate the orientations and issues of the department and the company on a regular basis
- Ensure continuous team and individual communication
- Ensure the proper training of its employees in any respect
- Professional accounting title (CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years experience, including 3 in a management position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (an asset)
- Excellent oral and written mastery of French and English
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to use ERP-like software (PeopleSoft knowledge an asset)
- Excellent command of Excel software
- Acute sense of priorities and excellent ability to support a team in managing priorities
- Ability to challenge, innovate and take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and build good relationships with different functions
- Perseverance, rigor, autonomy and initiative
- Excellent ability to establish good relationships with clients andcolleagues
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.