Why join us?
Petra Group employees contribute greatly to its success. Our company has built a strong team with knowledgeable professionals who reflect our culture and values. Working at Groupe Petra is the opportunity to have a fulfilling and stimulating career.
We are currently seeking a Chief Accountant with real estate management experience for a maternity leave replacement until the end of July 2020.
Location : 8000 Langelier Boulevard, Montreal
Under the supervision of the Corporate Controller, the person will have primary responsibilities:
- Monitor cash flow and prepare bank transfers;
- Save writes and payments associated with salaries;
- Prepare accounting entries for mortgage payments, interest, property taxes, insurance, business expenses, accruals;
- Participate in the development of operating budgets for commercial rental properties;
- Prepare documentation for the purpose of months / quarters / years, analyze gaps and answer questions from auditors;
- Prepare sales tax returns for multiple entities;
- All other related tasks related to accounting and property management.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Holding a CPA security would be an asset;
- Functional Bilingualism (French and English);
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the property management industry;
- Be comfortable in a multi-enterprise environment;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel;
- Be rigorous, meticulous and possess an excellent sense of analysis.
What we offer:
- A welcoming and friendly work environment;
- Competitive compensation and a bonus at the end of the contract;
- A training and development program;
- Closeness to senior management and openness to new ideas.