TALINKO - Search for Talent being involved in the cause of Oxfam-Québec and wishing to have a positive impact on both local and international humanitarian aid, we are pleased to help recruit the Board Chair who will join a dynamic and engaged team.
THE ROLE: OXFAM-QUÉBEC BOARD OF DIRECTORS CHAIR Oxfam-Québec is a and organization > international co-operation non-profit and non-partisan. It is part of a global movement of citizens who are committed to ending poverty and injustice. In collaboration with partners and allies of developing countries , Oxfam-Québec supports the implementation of sustainable solutions to poverty and injustice. It mobilizes the people of Quebec in the expression of their solidarity.
Oxfam-Québec is a member of the Oxfam International Confederation, which brings together 20 organizations that work together with partners and local communities in more than 80 countries.
The Chair of the Oxfam-Québec Board of Directors is responsible for guiding the Board of Directors with respect to strategic directions of Oxfam-Québec. She leads the board of directors by fulfilling her fiduciary duties that enable her to establish a healthy, open and respectful dialogue for decision-making.
- Skills and experience to know the functioning and workings of a board of directors and its committees. High-level involvement, preferably, but not exclusively, in chairing a board of directors in a strategic perspective and promoting the mission.
- Recognized leadership, capable of guiding individual administrators to work as a team and mobilizing them towards a common vision and goals that serve the organization's mission.
- The person is just as comfortable in French as in English, since she represents Oxfam-Québec on the Board of Oxfam International.
The Chairman of the Board
- Leads board meetings and ensures the integrity and effectiveness of board processes and its governance role.
- Acts as an interface between the Board and senior management, on behalf of the Board and in accordance with the instructions and authorities delegated by it.
- Represents Oxfam-Québec on the board of directors of the Oxfam International Confederation; and to its stakeholders, and any other person, organization, company or other person in connection with Oxfam-Québec.
- Participates in various activities and events related or organized by Oxfam-Québec.
- Ensures regular meetings of the Board of Directors approximately 5 times a year, including once in the General Assembly of members.
- Participate and lead phone meetings that may be added as needed.
- Directs the Human Resources Committee that hires and evaluates the Branch.
- Attend meetings of various committees if deemed necessary. These committees were created and appointed by the board to support its work. The different committees are: Finance and Audits, Governance and Ethics,Human Resources, Fundraising Campaigns, Oxfam International, Influence and Citizen Participation.
Availability Must be available 1-2 days per month, divided as follows:
- 10 to 15 days: Board Meetings, Oxfam International Membership Meeting and Meetings and Preparation. These dates are planned in advance and can be included on the agenda.
- 3 to 5 days: working sessions with senior management, representation activities, and other files as needed.
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid experience in the knowledge, understanding and application of good governance rules of a board of directors. Experience as a board chair or governance training are assets;
- Knowledge and experience with international organizations, or international cooperation an asset.
- Adhere to OXFAM values, including values of integrity, high ethical standards, respect, confidentiality
- Have the ability to conceptualize and think strategically and in relation to the values and mission of OXFAM.
- Have experience of accountability to stakeholders and understand the importance of performance standards;
- Demonstrate excellent political skills and ability to influence the various stakeholders in the field to support the mission of OXFAM.
- Having skills in finance, risk management or fundraising would be an asset
- Demonstrate high skills in managing board meetings by developing objectives supported by clear agendas and chairing meetings to be productive;
- Be able to recognize and evaluate business risks and strategic opportunities;
- Have the ability to distinguish between the roles assigned to the Board of Directors and that of the Executive Board and its Executive Committee;
- Possess skills for coaching and feedback;
- Demonstrate the ability to think, act and speak independently, with conviction and confidence.
- Have strong leadership skills for consensus building;
- Demonstrated skills for problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Be willing to participate in board orientation and continuing education.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.