Our client is an accounting and independent consulting firm in accounting and taxation, based on the South Shore, recognized for its rigor and its superior service. Offering a pleasant, progressive and harmonious work environment, our client is looking for a Certification Director to join a dynamic team of around 20 members.
List of the many advantages offered by this firm:
Work / family balance
- Schedule flexibility and leave on Fridays in July and August (see below)
- Paid medical consultations (private clinic)
- Personal and sick leave (for examinations and medical emergencies)
li> Telework program on Fridays
Atmosphere of work
- Port of denim allowed on Fridays (also on Thursday in July and August), with a contribution to the social committee which gives back to organizations of charity and organizing activities
- A dynamic, friendly and stimulating environment where quality of life and schedule flexibility prevail. The normal schedule is usually 37.5 hours / week
- Arrival: before 9 am
- Departure: from 4 pm
- The practice is closed between December 24 and January 2 (approximate dates) of each year
- The office is closed on Fridays in July and August. This results in a normal 30-hour week instead of 37.5 hours in July and August.
- The firm allows to do, between January 15 and June 15, up to 40 hours / week ( instead of 37.5 hours), without having to ask permission to work overtime, if the workload warrants
- Beyond 40 hours / week, overtime should be approved
- Informal opportunities to socialize with other members
- Feedback throughout the year:
- Joint establishment of objectives
- Continuous Feedback
- Self Assessment and Employer Performance Evaluation
- Involvement of each member in stimulating and varied mandates
- Promotions based on performance, technical knowledge and qualities
- Desire of the management to train professionals and leaders of high level
Access to advanced technology
- 2 or 3 screens
- Laptops to go to clients
- VPN access
- The best software
- < > Near public transportation
- Quick and easy access via 132, 10 or Taschereau Boulevard
- Free parking
THE ROLE: Certification Director
The Director is responsible for managing multiple assignments and assuming responsibility for client relations. He reviews mission files and provides his team with in-service training and advice to ensure quality standards.
In addition, he is also called upon to work collaboratively with associates and associate associates, and thus access to their mentoring. He works closely with the project managers, the intermediate accountants, the trainees and the accounting technicians to coordinate the management of the missions.
As Director, in a friendly and respectful environment you will be invited at:
- Oversee and review audit, review and compilation engagements, including:
- Participate from time to time, as needed
- Revise tax returns of individuals, trusts,Corporations and Corporations
- Occasional Review of Production and Supervision:
- Bookkeeping Mandates
- Forms Production tax (T4, T5, QST / GST, etc.)
- Implementation of a manual or computerized accounting system
- Follow up of notices of assessment and communicate with government authorities
- Participate in various projects to help your colleagues, when needed, including training
Expectations - Role of Director Certifications
- Maintain and enhance its high level of technical competence.
- Maintain and enhance its functional knowledge of systems, software, research equipment and control procedures. Quality of practice.
- Be responsible for planning, organizing and supervising on-site work.
- Conduct in-depth reviews of files and identify Mission-related issues.
- Keep the mission lead partner informed of the progress of the assignment.
- Prepare service offers.
- Participate performance management as a mentor, performance advisor or trainer.
- Take charge of major office initiatives.
- Professional Title: CPA Auditor
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within a accounting firm to serve SMEs
- Excellent oral and written proficiency Written French and English (an asset)
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards for private enterprises, Canadian auditing standards and Canadian quality control standards
- Excellent knowledge of the following software: CaseW are / CaseView, Taxprep T1, T2 and T3 and Taxprep Forms
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Sage (Simply Accounting)
li> Excellent command of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Analytical and synthesis capacity as well as a spirit of research and analysis
- Attention to detail (precision), excellence, compliance with standards quality and efficiency improvement
- Sense of organization and ability to manage priorities and deadlines efficiently and in teams
- Speed of execution, responsible , dynamic and reliable
- Perseverance, rigor, autonomy and initiative
- Professional and credible
- Excellent ability to establish good relations with clients and colleagues
- Tact, diplomacy, discretion and team spirit
- A positive, friendly and customer-oriented approach
- ability to travel to clients occasionally