We are currently looking for a Strategic Buyer for our offices in Repentigny or Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures.
You will report to one of the Supply Chain Managers and will be responsible for procurement activities in accordance with the set cost targets, quality standards and delivery requirements.
Specifically, the buyer's mandate involves the following challenges:
- Ensures the supply of components, raw materials or goods and services according to the needs of the company;
- Research and maintain sources of supply;
- Gets the most advantageous purchasing conditions for the company;
- Negotiate and put in place commercial agreements with our main suppliers;
- Performs price requests;
- Team analysis, negotiate, grant and track orders and contracts;
- Find solutions to supply problems in cooperation with other parts of the business;
- Research and implement cost reduction opportunities;
- Tracks the performance of its suppliers and provides feedback;
- Measure, analyze, carry out action plans and provide follow-ups (as needed);
- Perform other related tasks.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Administration: Operations Management or Supply Chain Management or a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering;
- Have 5 to 10 years of experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Experience in sourcing metals and metal products;
- Talent in negotiations and networking;
- Ability to target operational and strategic issues and proactively implement solutions
- Bilingualism (French-English) spoken and written is essential.