(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As a finance and general accounting technician, you help manage financial accounts in accordance with the organization’s objectives by producing reports; performing audits, inspections and financial simulations; and analyzing risks, profits and losses. In addition to ensuring financial performance, you help plan and review budget processes. You help manage and control the organization’s accounting systems by gathering, processing and recording financial data to accurately reflect the organization’s economic activity. You assist with product and service pricing and financial engineering, financial market transactions, and tax law analysis (including payroll).You serve as technical expert and provide discipline-specific support for your unit’s activities, initiatives and processes. The ability to tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential. You research and analyze processes, information management and data processing.You draw on your sound decision-making skills to solve technically complex problems and recommend ways to change or adjust methods and procedures to make them as effective and efficient as possible
- Oversee the processing, monitoring, validation and control of accounting transactions involving an analysis of the information.
- Carry out more complex research and due diligence tasks, accounting entries, bank instrument reconciliations, monetary adjustment calculations, and client account corrections and quality control.
- Ensure the application of controls and authorizations necessary for the completeness and accuracy of transactions under your responsibility and the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Manage, produce, review, analyze and update various documents and reports.
- Provide client services by processing information requests and solving problems. Follow up with the various stakeholders concerned as needed.
- Monitor and help identify problems. Recommend solutions to the problems identified.
- Assist the sector with all matters relating to client requests and ensure the necessary follow-up and communication.
- Identify business opportunities: suggest ways to optimize, propose solutions and refer cases to team members.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma
- A minimum of two year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of back-office business financing activities
- Marked skill and ability to thrive in a multi-faceted environment
- Knowledge of Flexcube, Datascan, C2 Atom, Business Objects and Adaptive operational systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Decision quality, Innovation, Situational adaptability
1170, rue Peel Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)