Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director – Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, the Associate – Investments will participate in the evaluation of various acquisition and investment opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
The main responsibilities are as follow:
- Build complex and flexible financial models to evaluate investment opportunities and proposals for project financing;
- Participate in the due diligence process for acquisition projects;
- Participate in the drafting of internal reports and presentations within established deadlines;
- Carry out geographical or sectorial analyses to evaluate growth opportunities;
- Provide support to the development team by evaluating the financial impact of various scenarios.
- Meticulous and able to work on several projects at the same time;
- Team spirit and excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to show initiative, have an inquiring mind and possess strong analytical skills.
- University diploma in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance or another related discipline; CFA designation, an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in project financing or acquisitions in the energy or infrastructure sectors;
- Strong and proven ability in financial modeling, proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of the renewable energy sector in the United States, an asset;
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written; French and Spanish an asset.
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is a global player with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France and Chile. The Corporation develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar parks exclusively producing renewable energy.
Sustainable development producing positive social, environmental and economic results guides our actions. We are not only proud of the work we do, but also of the way we do it. Our many accomplishments and continued successes are made possible by our outstanding team of employees.
Innergex, a publicly traded corporation, has offices in Longueuil, Vancouver, Lyon and San Diego.
The position could be based at the company’s head office located in Longueuil, Quebec or at the San Diego (California) office.