Winner of many awards and recognized for the excellence of its services
Our client, a leader in its field of technology & software and experiencing sustained growth, is looking for an Assistant Controller to join their Montreal team.
Syntax is a leading Managed Cloud Provider for Mission-Critical Enterprise Applications and has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1972.
Syntax has undisputed strength to implement and manage ERP deployments (Oracle, SAP) in a secure, resilient, private, public or hybrid cloud. With strong technical and functional consulting services, and World-Class Monitoring & Automation, they serve some of North America’s largest corporations across a diverse range of industries.
The company has offices worldwide, and partners with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM, and other global technology leaders.
Culture and Values
Our client is committed to excellent customer service, employee development, teamwork, and an engaging work atmosphere. They offer a dynamic working environment in a constantly changing industry. You will join a friendly environment encouraging you to put your professional skills to the test while allowing you to add new strings to your bow.
Our client also stands out with their many awards of excellence, as well as with their employee-led social program focused on education and its positive impact on local and worldwide communities.
You will have the chance to join this devoted, ambitious, innovative company dedicated to unmatched client service while benefiting the development of its personnel’s full potential.
Reporting to the Senior Director Finance – Americas, we are looking for an Assistant Controller who would lead the preparation of statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines, be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and help set up control systems.
The successful candidate is organized, efficient, is great with excel, has a good eye for detail, is reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively. Your goal is to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and help with ad hoc reporting.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee the deliverables of the full accounting cycle.
- Lead the preparation of timely financial statements in compliance with IFRS
- Manage and support a team of 5 people in the delivery of the monthly financial packages, annual audits, as well as ad hoc analysis.
- Oversee the accounting team in an HR perspective to accompany them to instill the best practices while supporting their professional progression
- Review the journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis for the monthly closing process
- Review monthly management analysis to support the company's performance
- Review and coordinate intercompany billing and cross charge entries
- Oversee the fixed assets (CAPEX) and revenue recognition process
- Manage and maintain cash balances and forecasts (cash management)
- Review and support the team in the preparation of the Canadian and US sales tax returns and assist the corporate tax specialist with tax audits
- Produce the payroll-related provision and reconciliation
- Assist and support with special projects such as new application roll-out, process improvement as well as other administrative changes.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in an accounting firm
- Experience in a large company or medium-size company with a well-established month-end closing process.
- Experience in team supervision
- Experience in managing the full accounting cycle
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial closure, reporting, data analysis, forecasting, etc.)
- Good knowledge of CAPEX
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas)
- SAP knowledge (an asset)
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Demonstrate rigour in the process, the accuracy of data and results
- Excellent ability to understand, correct and revise processes
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues
- Very good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills to meet stringent deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High values in teamwork and professionalism
Follow TALINKO on LinkedInand visit our Website
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a recruitment firm of middle and senior executives also offering support in the recruitment of members of the board of directors or advisory committee. We operate in different business sectors.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.