(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08The Investments Division is seeking a responsible investment analyst to join the Systematic Strategies Department at Desjardins Global Asset Management. The team specializes in developing and managing systematic strategies as well as responsible investment activities, including the analysis of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors.As Analyst, Responsible Investing, you will primarily be assigned to responsible investment activities.
- Update ESG analysis data to optimize the integration of ESG criteria in the investment process.
- Analyze the ESG practices of companies in the investment universe and various sectors of the economy.
- Take part in proxy voting activities and ensure that votes are consistent with client and partner policies.
- Participate in dialogues with companies held in our portfolios to assess the risks of ESG issues and to encourage them to improve their ESG practices.
- Assist portfolio managers with responsible investment issues.
- Work with portfolio managers to guide research and development on responsible investment products.
- Draft and present various analysis reports on ESG factors.
Other working conditions
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, economics, or any other field related to responsible investment
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Proven interest in responsible investment and an understanding of the main issues related to this field
- Demonstrated interest in portfolio management and an understanding of the main issues related to this field
- Demonstrated interest in data management
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Trust
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)