Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Real Estate Investment Funds
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent assists the Real Estate Investment Funds team in conducting analyses, issuing recommendations and executing investment strategies. In this capacity, under the general supervision of the Senior Director, the incumbent works closely with several internal groups and various partners. He or she is also responsible for performing certain administrative tasks. Main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare internal presentations for various committees or for approval (quarterly factsheets for strategic partners, quarterly asset reports, investment memos to approve new investment funds on an as-needed basis;
- Analyze financial statements, quarterly reports and other relevant documents provided by various partners and communicate with them to obtain the explanations required to prepare summary reports on key variances;
- Prepare past and future performance analyses for various funds/partners on a quarterly basis as well as performance sensitivity analyses;
- Prepare requests for partner contributions/distributions and check documentation received from partners against the corresponding agreements and internal authorizations;
- Participate in the analysis and due diligence of potential new investment funds;
- Prepare , analyze , validate and test detailed financial forecasts and cost-benefit studies for co-investment projects;
- Carry out other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or accounting; master's degree in a relevant discipline an asset;
- Professional designation (CFA or CA) an asset;
- One to three years of relevant experience in a similar position, including experience in financial analysis;
- Interest in the real estate industry;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken French and English;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel);
- Analytical mindset, proactive attitude and attention to detail;
- Keen sense of initiative and responsibility; self-motivated, organized, methodical and able to perform under pressure;
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and travel locally and internationally on short notice.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.