(Work place: Lévis)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08As a finance and general accounting analyst, you help manage financial accounts in accordance with the organization’s objectives by producing reports; performing audits, inspections and financial simulations; and analyzing risks, profits and losses. In addition to ensuring financial performance, you help review budget processes. You help manage and monitor the organization’s accounting systems by collecting, processing and recording financial data to accurately reflect the organization’s economic activity. You assist with product and service pricing and financial engineering, financial market transactions, and tax law analysis (including payroll).You analyze and help diagnose issues, provide opinions in accordance with your discipline’s rules, and help develop recommendations and implementation plans. You develop tools, methods and processes. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.You share ideas and help solve problems using your analytical skills, extensive knowledge of your line of business and ability to manage complexity. You interact with stakeholders working in other fields.You provide discipline-specific support to your unit, clients and partners.
- Analyze and process financial and accounting data and transactions requiring technical or business knowledge
- Identify, input, analyze and interpret data to inform management decision-making and monitor the application of management policies and practices. Make recommendations
- Analyze risks, write reports, prepare recommendations and provide advice on how to implement them
- Help prepare and propose action plans to address issues in accordance with rules and parameters
- Support practitioners by providing accounting and financial information
- Contribute to projects and initiatives in your specialty area. Test systems
- Identify opportunities for improvement and help develop, implement and update methods, procedures and tools in your specialty area. Produce related information and distribute it to practitioners
- Develop and write methods and processes.
Other working conditions
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on July 7, 2021
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity
200, rue des Commandeurs Lévis
General finance and accounting (FG)