About our client
Our client, BRP , is looking for a Analyst, Certification of the financial information (SOX) who will join its team of motivated and innovative professionals located in Montreal or Valcourt, Estrie.
Life at BRP
We create innovative ways to get around - on snow, on water, on asphalt. In the air, on the land and everywhere in between.
Built on a tradition of ingenuity and dedication to consumers stretching back over 75 years, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian city of Valcourt, Quebec, and production facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland and Austria. We rely on the ingenuity of more than 10,000 employees.
Our portfolio of distinctive and unique products in the industry includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, on-road vehicles and off-road Can-Am, Alumacraft and Manitou boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and small airplanes. BRP also designs its own dedicated line of parts, accessories and apparel products to enhance your driving experience.
It’s not the destination that matters most. This is the way to get there. Yours ! Our people are passionate and qualified; By joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Life in Estrie - An ideal marriage between the urban and the outdoors!
More than a job located in the region, you will also have the pleasure of discovering life in Estrie:
- Its cycling routes
- Its three tourist routes
- Its many microbreweries and gourmet experiences
- Its breathtaking landscapes and gardens
- Ses Cœurs villageois - 13 emblematic villages and towns that beautifully outline the features of the region
A work environment adapted to current issues and which promotes balance while maintaining a strong collaborative spirit thanks to a combination of telework and face-to-face.
- Part-time teleworking possible : For this position, the employee will have the option of teleworking at the rate of 2-3 days / week on a regular basis (except if certain occasional projects require you to be physically in the workplace).
- So, whether you are in Estrie or near Montreal, you will have the possibility of teleworking!
- Relocation: Possibility of reimbursement of certain costs related to the relocation and additional services to support you during the process.
The strategic role: Analyst, Certification of financial information (SOX)
Reporting directly to Head of department - Certification of financial information and process improvement , you will be able to have a global vision of the financial processes of a large-scale company.
This role will allow you to discover, acquire and put to use many skills and knowledge related to the accounting cycle and the publication of financial information of a public company.
You will also have the change of t work together with the various global teams in finance in order to promote the improvement of the quality of financial information in addition to contributing to the implementation of best practices in terms of internal control in a SOX context and ERP system implementation.
Thanks toyour strong analytical skills, your rigor, your project management skills, your leadership and your interpersonal skills, your mandate will consist of:
- Integrating yourself into your department and your role while developing a relationship of trust with your various stakeholders;
- Take ownership of certain operational cycles of the organization, identify risk areas in the various stages of preparing financial information and collaborate with the various teams in order to propose creative and effective solutions to remedy it;
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements relating to Regulation 52-109, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the methods of documenting internal control.
More specifically, your tasks will consist of:
- Identify, define and assess the internal controls in place in order to achieve the certification objectives;
- Identify proactively the issues that could put certification of financial information at risk;
- Support the teams of the financial information certification program located in each of the divisions;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes with finance managers and other functions;
- Coordinate the execution of control tests in each of the divisions.
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Hold a bachelor's degree in business administration or an MBA
- Have a minimum of 3 to 7 years relevant experience in SOX process review
- Having worked in a public company (an asset)
- Having worked in an accounting firm (Big 4) ( an asset)
- Bilingual (English and French) both oral and written
- Excellent knowledge of SOX
- Experience with SAP (an asset)
- Be thorough e t have a very good analytical mind supported by a great capacity for synthesis
- Possess excellent multitasking skills and adequately identify priorities by managing them effectively
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and demonstrate of great professional rigor
- Show passion - Have an interest in the company, its products and its customers
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to surpass oneself
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent collaborative skills to support the various local and international divisions
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and visit our site web.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of equity in employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle managers and senior managers with high potential. We support all our clients and candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.