Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Residential
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent provides support to the Asset Management team. He or she compiles and analyzes all data regarding each asset to facilitate his or her own work and that of his or her manager. He or she analyzes quarterly results and compares them with projections (in relation to business plans), reviews variances and brings them to the attention of the manager. He or she also coordinates with other departments and carries out various administrative tasks.
Main duties include the following:
- Obtain and analyze annual budgets and quarterly reports for assets under management. Communicate directly with the external manager to obtain explanations for any variances that arise. Present results and recommend a course of action, as appropriate;
- Obtain reports identified in contractual agreements from partners/managers and forward them to internal departments (Insurance, Taxation, Finance, Corporate Secretary's Office, etc.). Maintain a calendar, prepare requests to be signed by the manager and issue reminders as needed;
- Receive and analyze funding requests from partners, ensure compliance with budgets and agreements, and prepare recommendations for the manager based on the delegation of authority. Coordinate the approval process and provide explanations to signing authorities;
- Compile information and prepare various internal management reports for the manager to track and regularly update asset management indicators;
- Comment on and review appraisal reports on a semi-annual basis, compare revenue and expense projections with results and the appraiser's budget forecasts;
- Obtain financial reports identified in contractual agreements from the partner; analyze, investigate and comment on variances in accordance with internal processes;
- Assist with the investment process during the preparation of legal agreements by reviewing reporting requirements and ensuring that policies conform to the requirements of the Company’s various departments;
- Create and maintain a system for managing both digital and print information;
- Help establish and maintain financial and operational management and monitoring systems;
- Participate in fostering excellent relations with existing and internal partners;
- Occasionally, at the request of the supervisor, attend management meetings with partners and managers;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, finance, accounting or valuation, or other relevant education;
- One to three years of relevant experience;
- Experience in real estate or finance, an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English with good business writing skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel in particular);
- General familiarity with accounting principles and basics;
- Excellent analytical skills, proactive attitude and meticulous attention to detail;
- Team player, strong communicator, outgoing, dynamic, organized and self-motivated;
- Availability to travel abroad occasionally.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.