(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a senior operational risk advisor, you help prevent, analyze and develop guidelines for suspicious and fraudulent transactions. You also assist with compliance, internal controls, crisis management and the security of personal information and property. You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You will carry out risk analyses, working in conjunction with experts in various risk fields, business sectors and support functions. You will identify and analyze major problems and issues. You will also establish diagnoses and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies involved.
More specifically, as Senior Advisor, Operational Risk, you will belong to the cross-sector analysis team. You will make diagnoses and analyze possible solutions. You will anticipate and keep abreast of new trends and you will project a risk outlook from your reading of the environment. You will adapt your practices and operating methods to the various stakeholders. You will also be called on to deliver high-quality presentations to executives.
- Make recommendations on the development and execution of operationally and conceptually complex initiatives or projects that require analysis and a comprehensive, detailed understanding of the business and the organization.
- Work closely with experts in various risk fields, business sectors and support functions to carry out risk analyses.
- Make diagnoses and analyze possible solutions.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of a relevant experience
- Experience managing projects (an asset)
- Experience in producing scenario analyses
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold the CFA, CIA, CPA (an asset)
- Risk management sub-certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Communicates effectively, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Risk management (FG)