(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a liquidity risk management advisor, you assist with analysis, research and development activities with regard to overseeing this risk.You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. The nature of the files and projects requires extensive knowledge of liquidity risk management.You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans in line with the organization's orientations and objectives. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of liquidity risk. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
- Diagnose issues, challenges, needs and problems to determine target outcomes.
- Advise and assist practitioners and the organization's units.
- Ensure daily, monthly and quarterly production of the various liquidity ratios and indicators for management information and disclosure purposes.
- Monitor the ratios and indicators of Desjardins Group's Liquidity Risk Management Policy and Directive.
- Participate in risk analyses presented to various committees.
- Participate in improving and automating production processes (regulatory ratios (LCR, NSFR, etc.), indicators, crisis simulations).
- Participate in configuring and optimizing the use of the QRM application in liquidity risk and enhance synergies, particularly with interest rate risk.
- Work with various risk management contributors and clients (treasury, accounting, validation of models, auditors, regulatory authorities, etc.).
- Participate in cross-sector projects related to other risk areas (counterparty and issuer risk, rate risk, market risk, etc.) or with other sectors (centralized database, accounting reconciliation, etc.).
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Master’s degree in a related field (an asset)
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Experience using Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Hold a CFA, FRM or PRM certification underway or completed (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Good knowledge of retail and wholesale banking financial products
- Knowledge of the Basel regulatory framework on liquidity risk (an asset)
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA programming languages (an asset)
- Knowledge of how databases and multidimensional data cubes work
- Interest in programming
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate written and spoken English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Nimble learning, Plans and aligns
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Risk management (FG)