Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Portfolio Construction & Management
Position type: Salaried
Location: Montreal or Toronto
Reporting to the Senior Director, Investment Risks, the incumbent is responsible for contributing to achieve business objectives related to risk management, working primarily with other team members, as well as investment and portfolio construction teams. He or she participate in the investment process by analyzing real estate transactions (with a focus on acquisitions of companies) on the national and international market and portfolio risks. The Advisor devises and formulates recommendations with regards to each file studied for submission to the immediate supervisor and internal clients.
- Analyze and make recommendations concerning investment transactions (acquisitions of companies);
- Conduct in-depth research on economic conditions, real estate markets, investment markets and trends related to global markets using various sources of information, both internal and external;
- Provide support for the designated manager by assessing the assumptions of the financial models, determine scenarios of sensitivity analysis and stress tests, and identifying key risk issues;
- Examine financial models, establish representative market benchmarks and carry out comprehensive analysis;
- Analyze significant portfolio risks, gather information from key sources and develop effective research and monitoring tools;
- Coordinate and participate in the analysis and production of various risk reports;
- Liaise with a wide variety of internal teams and the main shareholder to identify, quantify, monitor and report on risks related to Ivanhoé Cambridge’s assets, portfolio and strategic orientations;
- Conduct credit reviews of major tenants and concentrations;
- Play an active role in developing innovative risk management tools;
- Prepare complete, high-quality reports on priorities and issues at stake for specific risks and ad-hoc analyses;
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, with a major in finance or real estate;
- Master’s degree in a suitable discipline an asset;
- CFA or FRM designation an asset;
- Five years of relevant experience in analyzing real estate companies;
- Understanding capital market; experience with private equity investments or public markets would be a plus;
- High level of computer proficiency, advanced proficiency in spreadsheet applications;
- Familiarity with Argus and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel);
- Self-motivated with strong teamwork, organizational, analytical, information processing and communication skills;
- Flexible hours; ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.