(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As an Advisor, Audit, Inspection or Internal Audit, Specialized in IT, you assist with audits, inspections, and internal audits and help ensure the regularity of financial statements. You provide the organization with assurance on the level of control over operations, and you preserve and enhance operational control. You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Monitor the application of the action plans prepared by the managers, following the release of the internal audit reports.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s activities in order to arrive at an independent appraisal of the risk management, control and governance processes. Make recommendations on the quality of activities, as applicable.
- Present opinions to audit commissions and committees, management committees and to managers on operational control and the audited entities’ progress toward organizational objectives.
- Provide advice on internal control, governance, operation and project management, as well as on compliance.
- Participate in establishing the annual plan and in developing new internal audit tools and methods.
- Present the results to the managers and officers responsible for audited activities.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience as project manager in a system integration project
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Certified internal auditor with CISSP or CISA certification or any other relevant certification specific to IT
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Extensive knowledge of one of the fields (cybersecurity, IT operations, telecommunication, data governance, IT architecture, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft AZURE virtualization technology (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Knowledge of information technology risk management
- Knowledge of COBIT and ITIL auditing standards, guidelines and procedures
- Excellent written communication skills (spelling and grammar)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Nimble learning
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)