Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Industrial, North America
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent assists the Senior Director in managing the industrial asset portfolio to maximize returns/value and to ensure compliance with various investment agreements in accordance with the business practices of Ivanhoe Cambridge. Main duties include the following:
- Help analyze and recommend the adoption of annual operating and capital budgets and business plans for each asset;
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial and management reports and compare with approved business plans and budgets; prepare a summary and issue the appropriate recommendations;
- Assist with preparing the analyses and documents needed for asset reports;
- Analyze projected rates of return for designated assets and recommend the use of market-specific assumptions;
- Conduct ad hoc analyses of the financial impacts of proposed changes to the leasing plan and major capital projects;
- Prepare analyses and documents for approval by the appropriate internal committees;
- Contribute to the semi-annual fair market valuation process for designated assets;
- Analyze, characterize and review asset disposition opportunities in line with the strategic plans for the business unit and for the Company as a whole; make the corresponding recommendations;
- Analyze and recommend requests to transfer funds associated with assets under management;
- Visit properties as stipulated in the calendar established with the immediate supervisor;
- Ensure monitoring and risk management measures are in place for assets under management;
- Develop KPI analysis tools specific to business plans;
- Monitor data-related developments in markets where managed assets are located;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration or real estate. Graduate degree in a relevant discipline would be an asset;
- CFA or C.App. designation an asset;
- Four to seven years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Team-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, driven and committed to continuous quality improvement;
- Strong analytical, information processing and communication skills;
- Available to travel regularly for work.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.