(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As Actuarial Support Analyst, you will help meet the organization’s needs regarding data extraction, and will produce reports and indicators through the development and administration of information systems. You will analyze and help adapt management systems based on new needs and developments within the organization.As a technical expert, you will provide support for your unit’s activities, mandates and processes, where you will be expected to adapt your approach to changing needs. You will carry out expert research and specialized analyses involving processes, information management and data processing. You will liaise between the resources who develop the key solutions and the various players in your sector.By tapping into your ability to make quality decisions, you will help solve problems, recommend changes or adjustments to work methods and procedures, and participate in their development to ensure optimum quality and efficiency.
- Extract, compile and analyze various data, and produce reports to meet the needs of the commercial lines sector, within the actuarial team and for other sectors (sales, marketing, underwriting, etc.).
- Assume various technical responsibilities related to information management, data processing, validation, documentation and quality control, etc.
- Assist various stakeholders in applying standards, processes and business solutions, and in using tools and systems related to your unit’s activities and operations.
- Provide technical expertise for projects and any complex operational issues encountered.
- Help develop follow-up reports, dashboards and other tools for data use and consumption.
- Help develop and improve work methods and procedures.
Other working conditions
- Workplace: Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate's preference
- Number of jobs available: 1
- College diploma
- A minimum of three year of relevant experience
- • Experience or knowledge of the general insurance industry (as a property and casualty insurance agent, for example)
- • Experience or knowledge in programming and data management tools (a major asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity, Drive results, Nimble learning, Tech savvy
6777, boul. Guillaume-Couture Lévis
Actuarial Services (FG)